Using gas to heat your home
Do you use gas as a fuel to heat your home during the winter?
Pros and cons of using gas fuel to heat your home
- Less expensive to operate: Almost everywhere in the country, natural gas is significantly cheaper than electricity. If you live in a cold climate and run your heater a lot during the winter, a gas furnace can save you money over the long run.
- Faster heating: Gas heat tends to heat up the home faster than electric heat because the gas furnace produces maximum heat as soon as the burners start running.
- More expensive upfront: Gas furnaces cost more to purchase than electric ones and the installation is more complicated due to venting requirements. This means a gas furnace requires a larger upfront investment than an electric one.
- Shorter lifespan: You can expect a gas furnace to last 10 to 20 years, which is about half as long as an electric unit.
- More maintenance requirements: Because they run on a combustible fuel, gas furnaces need to be maintained yearly to ensure safe, efficient operation. Skipping regular maintenance could put your family at risk of exposure to carbon monoxide gas.
The majority of USA households depend on a central furnace for heat. A furnace works by forcing warm air to distribute around the house.
Gas fireplaces installation is fairly simple, plus there’s no hauling wood or cleaning ash! You have lots of appealing options with gas fireplaces.
Gas water heater
Gas water heaters allow you to expect to have hot water at all times. To keep your gas water heater running at its best, maintenance is key.
Gas safety tips
Protect your family and your home from harm and practice good gas fireplace safety.
Whenever you use a gas appliance in your home, you run the risk that excess carbon monoxide will poison your family or that an untended gas flame will cause a fire.
You can prevent those tragedies by studying your manufacturer’s gas fireplace safety instructions and by following our tips for enjoying your gas fireplace safely.
6 Gas-burning equipment safety tips
- Hire a Leinbach Services technician to work on your gas line and propane tank. These jobs are for an experienced professional, not a do-it-yourselfer.
- Ask your technician to install an oxygen-depletion sensor in your gas fireplace. This device, sometimes called a “safety pilot,” automatically shuts the gas off if the temperature in the fireplace gets too cold or if too much carbon monoxide builds up. Insist on having one, even if your gas fireplace is vented.
- Ask your designer technician to get a building permit before installing the gas line or propane tank that will fuel your fireplace, furnace, stove, or water heater.
- Although tests show that gas fireplaces do not increase carbon monoxide levels in your home, it’s wise to have the detectors if you use any gas appliances at home, including a furnace, a stove or a fireplace. Install carbon monoxide detectors on every floor of your house. Target the bedrooms. Change the batteries twice a year.
- You’ll need a technician inspect and clean your gas equipment set once a year.
- If you smell gas, call 911 and leave the house immediately.
Install a carbon monoxide detector today!
If you have gas lines for your home, then you need to install a CO detector due to a possibility of carbon monoxide poisoning. There are several types of carbon monoxide detectors to choose from to fit the specific needs of your home in order to keep your family safe. Call our technicians to go over your options today.
You're important to us
Experience the professional and excellent customer service with Leinbach Services, Inc.
- Award winning customer service
- No hidden fees because our technicians provide a written estimate of the cost before project begins.
- We take the wait out of service by calling an hour before arriving.
- You'll never have to clean up after our technicians.
100% satisfaction money back guarantee
If you aren't satisfied with your new heating and air conditioning system, we'll either repair the problem to your satisfaction or remove it and refund the purchase price. Within one year of purchase date. All of this is subject to the conditions and limitations listed on our 100% satisfaction money back guarantee page.
Affordable payment options
Start the credit approval process today with only a 15 minute phone call to our dispatcher. Get pre-approved for the most affordable payment options for your budget through our incredibly easy financing. We also accept all major credit cards.
In conclusion, Leinbach Services, Inc. is highly qualified to safely handle your gas line repairs and installation. Our trained and certified plumbers work with both natural gas and propane gas to keep your family comfortable with your gas furnace, gas fireplace, gas oven, gas water heater, and gas fire pit. We’ll even teach you how to ignite your gas appliances. Call Leinbach Services for gas line repair and installation technician near you in Kingsport, TN. Check out our preventative maintenance program, called Comfort Club, and how you can make cash through our customer rewards program, called Referral Club.