Check to See if You Need a Heat Pump Tune-up
How a heat pump tune up keeps your home comfortable and functional:
Easiest fix for energy efficiency is as simple as a heat pump tune up. Up to 50% of your home’s energy bill is from your heating and cooling system. If it’s not running correctly, you’re losing money to the power company and needlessly draining energy resources.
- Energy savings: Properly maintained heat pump reduces your electric bill.
- Increased system life: The number one reason for system failure is surprisingly simply dirt clogging important parts. A heat pump tune up causes your unit to last longer, so you won’t have to replace an entire unit prematurely.
- Correct health risks: Freshly replaced air filters catch dust, dander, bacteria, and particles.
- Peace of mind: Our highly trained and through technicians keep the temperature in your home comfortable for you and your family throughout the year.
Cold weather heat pump tune up includes the inspection and cleaning of the following:
- filter and blower wheel
- blower motor amp draw
- main burners
- heat exchanger
- flame sensor
- temperature rise
- air duct system
- drain lines
- condensate pump
- expansion valve for icing
- amperage draw
- heating efficiency
- coils for leaks
- electric heat strips
- blower motor capacitors
- Dust inside and reassemble cabinet (replacing any missing cabinet screws)
- Replace standard filter
- Dust return air grid/cover
Warm weather tune up includes checking and cleaning the following:
- evaporator coil
- Install chlorine tablet
- return air grid/ cover, check seal
- electrical connections
- blower motor amp draw and capacitor
- air handler cabinet
- condensate drain, pan and condensate pump (if applicable)
- condenser coil
- contactor for arcing and voltage drop
- compressor amp draw and fan motor amp draw
- control circuits
- refrigerant pressures and temperature
- sequence of operation (gas)
- flame strength and color (gas)
- airflow obstructions in vent pipes
What happens when you don’t get a heat pump tune up???
Mostly, heat pumps will give warning signs of an impending emergency breakdown, but we either don’t notice or we dismiss it, instead of calling someone out to take a look. For example, let’s say your unit has been running fine for years and has never needed any work. But, sometimes it’s really loud or you have to turn the unit off and on for it to work. Here’s what else could happen if you don’t get a heat pump tune up:
- Unplanned breakdowns from improper maintenance, just like your car.
- Condenser coils get clogged with dust, dirt, pollen, and other debris. When that happens, the condenser coil loses its ability to pull air from the unit. Then, the compressor has to work hard causing a higher electric bill.
- Dirty filters can cause the evaporator coil to starve for air. Each evaporator coil is designed for a specific volume of air to ensure adequate operation.
- Lack of professional maintenance on your cooling system can mean failure of the unit’s compressor, condenser fan, and other system components. A malfunction of a single component will overwork your unit. To illustrate this point, 80% of all compressor failures could have been avoided if a proper maintenance had been performed.
- Prematurely replacing the entire unit or system.
- Increasing your utility bills by 35%.
- If you have to add refrigerant to your heat pump system that means you have a leak, which damages the environment and costs you money.
You're important to us
Experience the professional and excellent customer service with Leinbach Services, Inc.
- Award winning customer service
- No hidden fees because our technicians provide a written estimate of the cost before project begins.
- We take the wait out of service by calling an hour before arriving.
- You'll never have to clean up after our technicians.
100% satisfaction money back guarantee
If you aren't satisfied with your new heating and air conditioning system, we'll either repair the problem to your satisfaction or remove it and refund the purchase price. Within one year of purchase date. All of this is subject to the conditions and limitations listed on our 100% satisfaction money back guarantee page.
Affordable payment options
Start the credit approval process today with only a 15 minute phone call to our dispatcher. Get pre-approved for the most affordable payment options for your budget through our incredibly easy financing. We also accept all major credit cards.
Professional HVAC services by Leinbach Services:
- 100% satisfaction money back guarantee
- Size with heat loss heat gain evaluation
- Free heat pump design consultation
- Heat pump replacement package
- tune-ups and inspections
- Diagnostic call fee
- Repair service
- EnergyStar Maintenance Checklist
- Programmable thermostat
- Gas furnace services
- Attic or whole house fan
- Ductless mini split systems
- home automation
- Air filters
- Improve indoor air quality
- financing payment options
- Gas furnace tune-up
- Factory authorized heating and cooling HVAC unit dealer
- Preventative maintenance program, called Comfort Club Membership
100% Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee
We take the “Wait” out of service
Make home ownership and property management easier with Leinbach Services, Inc. We cover all home and building maintenance needs regarding heating and air conditioning services in Johnson City. Call our office and ask about our preventative maintenance program Comfort Club for peace of mind. Then, find out how you can make cash through our customer rewards program, called Referral Club. Thanks for using Leinbach Services for all of your heating and cooling needs.